Meet Tapiwa Mwafulirwa!
Tapiwa holds a degree in Human Science & Community which included study components on topics such as ECD and Nutrition Extension Education, Monitoring & Evaluation, etc.
A Typical Day for Tapiwa?
– Creating weekly & monthly field schedules
– Monitoring food deliveries, flour usage and storage of food & supplies & stock inventory
– Collection of quantitative and qualitative data relating to school feeding
– Encouragement & advice to field teams including head teachers and community leaders
– Overseeing stock management both at Seibo HQ and schools
– Organizing & recording of regular monitoring visits
– Taking field trips as assigned by management
– Many kids dropped out of school due to parents not being able to provide food for kids to carry
– Many kids moved house due to an inability to pay rent for the family home or a breakdown in a marriage resulting in an increased school drop-out rate
– Many kids failed to go to school with parents citing lack of backpacks and shoes as reasons
– Some kids were going to school hungry as the food rations distributed by Seibo were used up earlier than intended
– Many parents lost their jobs and/or business due to COVID and are struggling to cope