Meet Mark Stambuli!
Mark joined Seibo in April 2016 and works as a Field Operations Officer. Having previously worked with Mary’s Meals/ADRA, Mark was already a veteran in delivering school meals prior to joining Seibo!
On a given day Mark gets involved with any of the following;
– Data collection (school enrolment, attendance, number of feeding days, etc)
– Monitoring the School Feeding Programme- checking the appropriate use of resources, advising teachers and community committees
– Delivering feeding materials such as firewood and ‘Likuni Phala’ (food)
– Conducting meetings with Nursery Directors, Parents of Seibo Beneficiaries, Village Heads, CBCC committee members and community members
2020- Mark’s Year in Review
– It was noticeable how many parents lost their means of livelihood due to pandemic containment measures
– While most parents were able to put food on the table the biggest issue for many was paying the rent
– Many parents were not equipped to teach their children while schools were closed
In His Own Words
“I would like to thank Seibo Japan for helping the Malawian kids with porridge every day. Most of the kids we are dealing with are come from very poor families. Many parents & guardians cannot afford to provide meals to their kids. So the phala is the sole meal some kids gets in a day. Secondly, I would also like to thank Seibo for creating Jobs in Malawi for me and my fellow workmates. Bravo Seibo!!”